Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I love the smell of apple cinnamon. It instantly reminds me of my childhood when my mother would be baking in the kitchen after school and the aromas made me feel all warm and cozy. With fall fast approaching, I have created these delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies that will bring that same feeling to you! They are so chewy and have chunks of apples that seriously hit the spot. They are also drizzled with a beautiful maple icing. They are so good you may even want to have them for breakfast. Happy Baking!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup apples finely diced
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
For the Icing
- 2 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set out a baking sheet lined with parchment paper on it.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together; rolled oats, flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together. Egg, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts. Mix together gently. The dough should be thick and sticky.
- Scoop out 2 tbsp cookie dough on the baking sheet and press down to slightly flatten out the batter. Leave them about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for about 14-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before adding the icing.
For the Icing
- Whisk together maple syrup and icing sugar until there are no more lumps.
- Drizzle all over the tops of the cookies. Let sit for another 10 minutes and enjoy!