Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I am so excited to share with you my delicious Braised Beef Short Rib with Red Wine Sauce, crispy pancetta, and mushrooms made with local @ontbeef!
Ontario is home to so many amazing local products and produce. I love supporting my local farms, and businesses in the community. We also are home to some of the best beef!
This dish looks super gourmet, but I am going to show you how easy it is to make. The taste and smell are just incredible! I love making this for fancy dinner parties because most of the prep is done way before making it easier for entertaining!
So, without further ado, I give you the best recipe you will ever make.
Braised Beef Short Ribs with Crispy Pancetta, Mushrooms in a Red Wine Sauce
- 3-4 beef short ribs from @ontbeef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups dry red wine from @vieniestates
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 springs rosemary
- 5-6 cremini mushrooms chopped
- Garnish optional: 2-3 tbsp crispy pancetta & chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in large pot over high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over beef. Place beef in large ovenproof pot and brown until crispy on edges. (Approx. 7-8 minutes) Remove and set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Turn heat down to medium and add onions, and garlic for around 3-4 minutes. Add carrots and celery, cook until softened.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 2 minutes. Add red wine, beef broth, thyme, and rosemary. Return beef to liquid until they are submerged.
- Cover with lid and transfer to oven for 3 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Remove beef from liquid and be careful to keep meat on bone.
- Strain all liquid from pot, be sure to press out the juices from the vegetables.
- Return sauce to pot and add in mushrooms. Reduce and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Cook pancetta in pan until crispy and set aside on paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Place beef on serving tray over mashed potatoes. Spoon over sauce. Garnish with crispy pancetta, and parsley. Eat and enjoy!
Disclosure: I have participated in a paid partnership with Ontario Beef. Opinions in this post are my own.
#sponsored #ad #localontariobeef #ontbeeflocalflavour #vivaciousgourmet