Fall is in the air. Time for cozy sweaters, and tall boots. That’s why I think I love soups so much. They remind me of a big warm hug on a cool day. This delightful soup is perfect for this time of year. It is bright, velvety and smooth.
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 large onion diced finely
2 leeks, chopped white parts only
1 large potato
1 medium butternut squash, diced small
1 apple peeled, cored and diced
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup cashew milk (or other milk alternative)
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
2 tsp hot sauce
Garnish option: chopped chives or green onions, fresh basil, toasted pepitas or roasted pumpkin seeds.
- In a large pot melt butter, add in onions, leeks and cook until transparent.
- Add the vegetable stock, potatoes, apples, and squash. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes and squash are tender at a simmer. Add in nutmeg, salt, pepper, basil and hot sauce.
- Remove from heat and mix in a food processor in batches with lid open to let steam escape.
- Return to pot and add in milk. Do not boil.
- Add more seasoning to taste. Serve hot with garnish on top. Enjoy!