Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I love making these muffins around Easter time but honestly they are so delish that you can enjoy them anytime of the year. These muffins are gluten free and contain very little sugar. Personally, I do not like a lot of sugar, but this frosting is the bomb and seriously addictive. The cream cheese frosting is an added sweet treat, but you have the option to leave out if you want to keep them even healthier. These make for a great breakfast or snack! Your kids will love eating their vegetables with this recipe.
Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour gluten free
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups carrots grated approx 3-4 carrots
- 1/2 cup raw pecans toasted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup 18 whole pecans for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast pecans in oven for 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and chop 1/2 cup. Save the remaining whole pecans for topping.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, & salt and chopped pecans. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, applesauce, and maple syrup. Whisk in the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add the carrots and flour mixture. Fold and stir very gently by hand. Do not over mix your batter.
- Add paper liners to a 12-cup muffin pan. Only fill them to about 3/4 full of batter. (If you have some extra batter, do not overfill the muffins make new batch)
- Bake the muffins for 15-17 mins or until the muffins are light golden on top. Insert toothpick into the middle of each muffin until it comes out clean.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- For the cream cheese frosting, whisk the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Beat until smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled muffins with cream cheese and top with whole pecans. Eat and Enjoy!
Optional to add in 1/3 cup of raisins if you like.
Hello there, You’ve performed an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and in my view suggest to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this web site.
I like this blog so much, saved to my bookmarks.
Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for newbie blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.
This design is steller! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Great job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!
excellent post, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing. I’m sure, you have a huge readers’ base already!
Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!
Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.
Right now it sounds like WordPress is the best blogging platform available
right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?
okmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I?ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Plus your food looks incredible.
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you!