Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I love steaks. I have been craving this steak for awhile now. I do not eat red meat all the time, so its always a treat to have one. It is so juicy, tender, mouth watering and the best cut of steak if you ask me. It’s also packed with so much flavour. I picked this one up from St Lawrence Market. They have some unbelievable butchers in house. I prefer to use the Whitehouse Meats. They have some of the best cuts of meat and are very knowledgeable. What is the best way to cook a #ribeyesteak you might ask?! The secret is to use a cast iron skillet, no BBQ necessary. You can make this in less than 12 minutes and totally worth it as it keeps all the juices intact for a perfectly seared steak.
Cast Iron Ribeye Steaks
- 2 16 ounce Ribeye Steaks
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3-4 Rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp Dennigers Steak Spice Option to add own desired seasoning- see below
- To make heat skillet in an oven to 500 degrees.
- Once heat is reached, remove from oven and leave on high heat on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Lightly coat steaks with canola oil on both sides and desired seasoning.
- Sear steaks on one side for 1 minute, do not move. Then turn over and sear other side for 1 minute. Then stick skillet back in the oven for 2 minutes, flip over to other side again and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 2-3 minutes before slicing. You now have perfectly medium rare steaks. Sizzle Sizzle!
- Serve with tomato confit, potato frites, and side salad. Don’t forget a big glass of red wine. Salut.