Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Looking for a great way to say ‘I love You’. Cookies are my favourite way to let someone know I care about them. I know in my family, we say it by the love we put into the food we make for each other. Try these lovely Vegan Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies. They are perfect warm and gooey for cottage getaways or a tasty treat to bring to the office. They will be swooning in no time and no one will guess that they are vegan!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour gluten free works great
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of small walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips I love using Hershey’s Chipits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix coconut oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well mixed. Stir in almond milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips and walnut pieces. Drop dough by slightly rounded Tbsp’s, 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. (Prevents from sticking, and easy clean up)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown and tops look set. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to cooling rack. Store in tightly covered container, and ENJOY!