Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I love this soup so much for its incredibly vibrant colours. It reminds me of the beautiful sun shining down on us. This recipe is velvety, smooth, comforting and tastes amazing. Turmeric is a very exotic flavour and it has wonderful benefits including improving liver and digestive functions. It is also anti-inflammatory. When things are working great on the inside, you can see the beauty on the outside including glowing skin!
For more information on the healing power of Turmeric, please check out https://lyfebotanicals.com/health/turmeric-benefits.
Coconut Carrot Turmeric Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 cups medium carrots peeled & sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and diced finely
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1- 8 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tsp parsley finely chopped
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds toasted
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium/ high heat.
- Add in carrots, onion and cook until softened for about 10 minutes.
- Add in garlic, ginger, turmeric, nutmeg. salt and pepper to taste. Mix well together.
- Turn up heat and add in the vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from stove and add in one canned coconut milk (approx. 8 ounces)
- Carefully add mixture to your Cuisinart Hurricane Pro 3.5 Peak HP Blender in batches to blend. Be careful with hot liquids when blending and let some steam escape.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh oregano, toasted pumpkin seeds, sprinkle of hemp hearts and 1 tsp of leftover canned coconut milk
- Serve warm and enjoy!