Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
These fluffy, moist Cranberry Orange Muffins are my favourite to make over the holidays. They remind me of a wonderful snowy Christmas morning. They have the perfect blend of tart and citrusy goodness, my Cranberry Orange Muffins recipe are a delightful treat that will awaken your taste buds. Bursting with the vibrant flavours of sweet cranberries and zesty bright oranges, these muffins are a symphony of taste and texture. These muffins are a cherished addition to your mornings or any time you crave a delicious pick-me-up. Let’s dive into the kitchen and bake up a batch of these irresistible muffins that are as easy to make as they are delightful to savour.
Unsalted Butter– if using salted, omit the salt from the recipe
Organic Eggs– leave at room temperature
Greek Yogurt– sour cream works as well
Orange Zest– I’ve used tangerines for the recipe and works just as well
All-Purpose Flour – You can substitute with Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free
Almond Milk– you can substitute with regular milk
Fresh Cranberries– you can substitute with frozen cranberries but do not use dried cranberries
Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting your journey in the world of baking, this recipe promises a rewarding experience and a batch of muffins that will impress family, friends, and even your own taste buds.
So, tie on your apron, preheat the oven, and let the magic of our Cranberry Orange Muffins recipe unfold in your home. Get ready to savour the joy of homemade goodness with each delicious bite!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 2 oranges
- 1 3/4 cups
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners, set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add in room temperature butter and sugar. Beat until creamed for about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, yogurt, vanilla and orange zest. Beat for another 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, & cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the mixer. Beat until combined. Add in the milk and orange juice. Mix well.
- With a spatula, fold in the cranberries. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on drying rack. Eat and enjoy!