Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Its the most wonderful time of the year…time for soup! I know that may sound weird but I can’t get enough of these warm delicious bowls of goodness. This week I created a Creamy Cauliflower and Bacon Soup that is to die for! There is actually no cream added and you can always omit the bacon if you want to keep it vegetarian. I like to switch it up with and without meat depending on my preference that week. It is an incredibly simple recipe and makes for a comforting meal any day of the week. Get it while its hot, because soup is on!
Creamy Cauliflower Bacon Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 head Cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 strips raw bacon
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme minced
- 1 package vegetable broth 900ml container
- 1 1/2 cups almond unsweetened milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large bot over medium heat.
- Add onions, thyme, garlic together and saute for 5 minutes.
- Cook until onions become soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in cauliflower, raw bacon, and vegetable broth.
- Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat.
- Add soup to a blender and mix until smooth. Or use hand mixer if you have it. Place soup back in pot.
- Add in almond milk and Parmesan cheese and mix until creamy over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with garlic toast or crusty bread. Enjoy!