Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Bursting with fresh blueberries with a tender flaky center and crispy sugar topping, these really are the best blueberry muffins you will ever have. I’ve been practicing my baking skills and these are so incredibly easy to make! Trust me if I can bake these, so can you!
You can make these with fresh or frozen blueberries, or even other fruit you may have on hand.
These are a great recipe for breakfast or just a snack on the go! Everyone appreciates having a fresh batch of muffins. They were a big hit at the office. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- ½ cups gluten free 1 to 1 flour I love using @bobsredmill gluten free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar plus 1 tbsp for muffin tops
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/3 cup neutral-flavored oil; grape seed or canola are great
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup oat milk or other plant based milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries; see note below about frozen berries
- *if using frozen berries thaw rinse and pat dry. While baking the berries may “bleed”, making the muffins more blue.
- Heat oven to 400 degree F. Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil, egg vanilla and milk in a separate bowl. Whisk together.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients. Do not over mix. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins 17-20 minutes or until tops are cooked and a toothpick inserted into the middle and comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack. Eat and Enjoy!