Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Fresh Corn Salad is such a great refreshing summer salad and the perfect way to enjoy all the beautiful summer veggies from the garden or the farmer’s market.
It’s corn season in Ontario and I can’t get enough of it! It has such an incredible sweet flavour and pairs well with these other ingredients.
This super easy fresh salad is perfect for summer with my Ultimate BBQ Ribs recipe!. There are so many different versions you can make but this one is bursting with summer fresh vegetables. You can add either blue cheese or feta depending on what you prefer. Blue cheese has a stronger more potent flavour, and feta is light and salty. To make this recipe vegan omit the cheese.
This recipe is super light, and refreshing. I bet you have most of the ingredients already at home so try it for yourself!
- Corn on the Cob– Fresh works best, but you can also substitute with frozen. Make sure to defrost and drain the water.
- Cucumbers– small Persian cucumbers have alot more flavour and less water but you can also use English cucumbers
- Tomatoes– I like using cherry tomatoes as they have a nice sweet flavour
- Peppers- You can use a variety of colours, red, orange and yellow
- Avocado– Cut into chunks
- Shallots– You can substitute with red onions; make sure to dice finely
- Cheese- Blue cheese has a very strong flavour, so use sparingly. Feta has a great salty and less potent flavour
- Fresh Herbs- Add fresh herbs like basil, cilantro or parsley for added colour
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette:
- Olive Oil- Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive oil is the best to use as it contains no added chemicals or solvents.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- You can substitute with white wine, or red wine vinegar
- Lime Juice– fresh is best, if you don’t have on hand, use lemon juice
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Fresh Summer Corn Salad
- 4 cobs corn cooked
- 3 small Persian cucumbers diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 3 shallots sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or feta optional
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or cilantro chopped
- For The Dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, add cobs and cook for 3-5 minutes. Or cook on the BBQ for extra flavour.
- Chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, avocado, shallots and add to a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix the vegetables and vinaigrette together. Place bowl in fridge and marinate for 1-2 hours to let all the flavours come together.
- Top with fresh basil, and option to add in blue cheese or feta. Voila! Eat and enjoy.