Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Looking for a super satisfying salad?! This dish is inspired by one of my favourite go to Italian spots in Toronto called Terroni’s. Meet the Funghi Assoluti – Or Warm Mushroom Arugula Salad. I’ve been craving this dish for a while now so I just decided to create it myself and it is so simple. The mushrooms are so hearty and delicious. The texture feels like you are eating meat but it is completely vegetarian. I also love the peppery arugula and salty Parmesan that gives this salad a great balance. All you need to make it is arugula, oyster mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic.
Funghi Assoluti (Warm Mushroom and Arugula Salad)
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups oyster or mixed mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp for dressing & 1 tbsp for mushrooms
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs gluten free
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp shaved Parmesan for topping
- 1 tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop up oyster mushrooms to a bowl. Add in olive oil, grated Parmesan, breadcrumbs (option to use gluten free), garlic powder and mix together.
- Place on a baking sheet in the oven for 10-15 minutes at so they can get crispy. Careful not to burn.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper for vinaigrette.
- Remove mushrooms from oven. Place over bed of arugula.
- Add shaved Parmesan cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. Buon Appetito!