Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Warm, healing, nourishing soup that will help kick start a healthy 2021!!
My Green Goddess Detox Soup will certainly make you feel good! And trust me this is not some boring green soup with no flavour. It has incredible flavours of a creamy cheesy broccoli soup, but without the crappy stuff in it. It is a really easy recipe to make and packed full of incredible nutrients. I bet you have most of the ingredients in your fridge already. Did I mention it is completely vegan and gluten free? So without further adieu.
Green Goddess Detox Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 carrot diced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tsp Italian spices
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onions and garlic over medium heat cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in broccoli, celery, carrot, all the spices and vegetable stock. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in almond milk, spinach and parsley until they are wilted. ( Will only take 2-3 minutes.)
- Remove from heat and add in lemon juice and nutritional yeast (this will give it a natural cheesy flavour).
- Add to blender and mix until smooth. Taste and add salt or pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with green onions, and fresh herbs, Enjoy!