Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I have an incredible sweet recipe to share with you without any of the guilt. You need to try my Hazelnut Chocolate Baked Donuts. 🍩 The secret ingredient is Bonne Maman’s new Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread!
These deliciously moist and fluffy donuts are the perfect bite size delights. They are uncomplicated to make and I bet you won’t be able to eat just one. These hazelnut chocolate baked donuts can cure any chocolate craving. These are festive and fun because they’re baked, so they’re a little healthier for you too. So yes you can have your donuts and indulge your senses because life is meant to be lived fully!
This recipe essentially tastes like mini chocolate cakes. I don’t know about you but I could eat chocolate cake any day of the week. I’ve made these for my friends birthday and they were a huge hit at the party. SO if you are in need of a little inspiration, you should try these bad boys out. You can alternatively top them with just the hazelnut & cocoa spread, sprinkles, crushed M&M’s, or even any other roasted peanuts. This recipe can be easily doubled.
- Vegetable oil
- Bonne Maman Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread
- All purpose flour or gluten free option
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder: make sure to use a high-quality, unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Roasted hazelnuts: roasted tastes best as un-roasted can become bitter
Hazelnut Chocolate Baked Donuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Bonne Maman Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Bonne Maman Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread
- 1/4 finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your donut mold or pan with butter or oil.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, almond milk, vegetable oil, eggs & Bonne Maman Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread until blended.
- Add in flour & cocoa powder to bowl and mix until blended.
- In a piping bag, divide the batter until 3/4 full in the donut tray molds. Be careful not to overfill. Recipe should make 15 in total.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Lay on the cooling rack and remove from molds.
- Spread the Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread on the top half of each donut. Sprinkle chopped roasted hazelnuts on top. Eat & Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Pro Tips: I like using silicon donut molds as they are easier to remove the donuts from the pan. You can also use metal donut molds if you have on hand. I found mine on Amazon.
If you enjoyed this recipe, feel free to leave a comment or share it with a friend! You might also enjoy my other sweet recipes including my Baked Blueberry Donuts or my Chocolate Protein Brownies and my Chocolate Stuffed Dates with Peanut Butter.