Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I have finally cracked the code on how to make the most tender juicy meatballs made with just Turkey. Typically to make meatballs moist they are made with a combination of both beef and pork. These turkey meatballs are a game changer. By grating the onion and using all the juices creates a great depth of flavour. The greek yogurt is my secret weapon in keeping them moist. If the ingredients are too wet, just add in a bit more bread crumbs.
They are packed with tons of flavour and you can’t help but come back for more. Pair it with your favourite tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, tzatziki or even chimichurri. The world is your oyster so free free to explore all of the above options. They are super easy to make and I guarantee you will never make it another way again.
Healthy Baked Turkey Meatballs
- 1 half sweet onion grated
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped finely
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grate half of a sweet onion, juices included. Approx 1/2 cup. Stir in the remaining ingredients up to the turkey and mix well. Add the turkey and mix with your hands just to combine (don’t over-mix or your meatballs will be tough).
- In a large bowl, mix together onions, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, basil, rosemary, red pepper flakes, s & p.
- Finally add in the ground turkey. Do not overmix, as this will make the meatballs dense. Roll into small balls.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchement paper. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 20-22 minutes until they reach internal temperature of 160 degrees F. You can broil at end of cooking time for extra colour.
- Let meatballs rest for 5 minutes then add to sauce of choice, and favourite pasta. Eat and enjoy!