Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Looking for healthy new lunch ideas? Why not try my Healthy Chicken Salad? This recipe is perfect for someone that is on the go and wants a protein packed meal, low in calories but big on taste! I purchased a full roast chicken for the recipe, making it easier to prepare. I love making a huge batch. You can keep it stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. I also cut back on the mayo and used Greek yogurt, adding in even more protein. You can make this into lettuce wraps, or in your favourite sandwich. I personally love it on little bite size pieces of pita bread.
Healthy Chicken Salad
- 3 cups chicken breast cooked and diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 green onion chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley or dill
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Optional to Add:
- 1 tbsp almonds sliced
- 1 tbsp pecans or raisins chopped
- 2 pitas for serving
- 6 Boston lettuce leaves for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, celery, onions, yogurt, mayo, mustard, vinegar and spices & nuts.
- Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours to bring all the flavours together.
- Take large pita and cut into 1/8ths. Toast in oven @ 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Wash and dry Boston lettuce leaves. Serve with pitas and or lettuce. wraps. Enjoy!