Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
This morning I definitely felt a cooler breeze in the air. So that can only mean one thing: time for warming comfort food! My Healthy Ground Turkey Stroganoff is light and super satisfying. You can also make this dish in under 30 minutes. I love easy quick meals during the week to make.
I choose to use ground turkey for this recipe to make it lighter. You can use also use ground chicken, extra lean ground beef or even plant based ground meat alternative. You can substitute sour cream with Greek yogurt. Full-fat Greek yogurt works the best. Do whatever makes you happy!
Keep it classic and serve the Healthy Ground Turkey Stroganoff sauce over egg noodles for an easy weeknight meal. You can also serve it over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. I always have a list of one-pot meals that I can throw together on those days when I don’t feel like cooking and this is easier than you think to make.
Ground Turkey– you can also use extra lean ground beef, or ground chicken or vegan alternative
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fusilli noodles- I like using gluten free options from Italpasta
Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Brown Rice Flour- or gluten free flour of choice
Dried or Fresh Thyme
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Sour Cream– Full fat is preferable, you can substitute with greek yogurt for more protein
Cream Cheese– Full fat is perferable
Healthy Turkey Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 cremini mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 cups gluten-free fusilli noodles
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour or flour of choice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onions and mushrooms. On medium heat sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, garlic, brown rice flour, paprika, thyme, salt & pepper. Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add in chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, and noodles. Mix well so that the noodles are covered in the liquid.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are al-dente.
- Turn heat to lowest setting. Add cream cheese and sour cream. Mix well and let it melt together. Let it cook on low until liquid has thickened and the noodles are cooked perfectly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and viola! Eat and enjoy.
Another great plus–the leftovers are even better than the first time you make it! So this is a great lunch-prep recipe as well. If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like some of my other healthy Turkey recipes- Hearty Turkey Chili, or Turkey & Wild Rice Jambalaya or Healthy Baked Turkey Meatballs.