Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Weekends are made for my Healthy Blueberry Pancakes! 🥞🫐
These pancakes are protein packed, refined sugar free and gluten free! So if you are like me, you won’t feel guilty eating a whole stack because they are so damn delicious and super fluffy. You can also meal prep these and just reheat if you need for breakfast on the go. I remember my family making fresh pancakes for me on the weekends growing up. That is always a great way to come together and share some quality time in the kitchen.Jump to Recipe
You can also use fresh or frozen blueberries depending on what you have on hand or in season. I love using wild blueberries as they contain so many incredible antioxidants. They have a ton of nutrients in them. They boost your heart health, brain function and numerous other aspects of your body.
These are super simple to make, and I bet you already have most of these ingredients, so let’s get started.
–Bob’s Red Mill – Gluten Free flour
–Cane Sugar (or reg white sugar will do)
–Baking Powder– gluten-free
–Unsweetened Almond Milk
–Plain or Coconut Greek Yogurt
–Unsweetened Coconut flakes
–Blueberries, frozen or fresh
–Maple Syrup for tasting
I love using gluten free flour from Bob’s Red Mill. They make a great 1 to 1 flour. I find the consistency is always really good and they hold the batter together nicely. A great way to add more protein in your diet is using Greek Yogurt. You can also whip up some cottage cheese and they taste just as good. I love the coconut flavour with these. But feel free to omit if you prefer. Like I always say do what makes YOUR heart happy!
Healthy Protein Blueberry Pancakes
- 1½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup coconut Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup for serving!
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, Greek yogurt, almond milk, banana and vanilla together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries and coconut.
- Heat a large pan with a bit of butter. Use a 1/2 cup scoop to get your batter into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until pancakes start to bubble. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve with maple syrup. Eat and enjoy.