Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
My Hungarian Mushroom Soup is hearty, earthy, healthy and tastes amazing. This recipe is so easy to make, and the aromas will make your kitchen smell absolutely delish. Did I mention that this recipe is gluten free! It is super creamy, filling and perfect for a cool autumn day!
I grew up eating good old canned mushroom soup but I guarantee after you try this recipe you will never eat from a can again. You will be so amazed how easy it is to make soups from scratch. Plus think about all the benefits you have from not adding any additives or preservations.
Some other suggestions and substitutions include:
- Add shredded chicken for extra protein
- For a richer soup, swap the chicken stock for beef stock
- For a lighter soup (or a vegetarian version), swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock
- For a dairy-free version, swap the cream with coconut milk
- For another dairy-free version, add some rice during cooking, then blend
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
This mushroom soup is creamy and delicious. It is super simple to make and the aroma's will make your kitchen smell incredible. This recipe is also gluten free.
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream option to use vegan version
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Garnish: 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- In a large pot on medium heat add butter, onions and mushrooms. Sauté until onions are translucent. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Add in thyme, smoked paprika, garlic powder, stock, tamari and white wine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and almond milk together. Add to the soup and allow to thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Lower heat to a simmer and add Greek yogurt and lemon juice. Stir well so that it is all incorporated. Garnish with fresh parsley, red pepper flakes (if you like a little extra kick 🔥) Serve hot and enjoy why toast for dipping!
- Super creamy, filling and perfect for a cool autumn day!
Loved this soup. I cant believe how hearty is it and all the clean ingredients. I will definitely make it again. No alterations to it and it was perfect.
I can’t believe this how hearty this dish is! Tasted incredible and the smell was divine!