Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins that your whole family will love. This is one of my favourite recipes that bring me back to my childhood. My dad used to make incredible chili and would pair it with warm, savoury corn bread. I love dipping the corn bread into my chili and the combination of the cheddar and jalapeno’s with the warm robust chili flavour is an absolute win in my books!
They are incredible easy to make, and require little ingredients. You can change the flour to gluten free and works just as good. I find sharp old cheddar works the best and it creates a bolder taste. To not make as spicy, remove the jalapeno seeds. For extra spice leave them in your batter. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
A must-have side dish for the holidays and this cornbread is a crowd-pleaser! It can also be made ahead of time and simply reheat when ready to be served.
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup cream or milk alternative
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup corn kernels fresh or canned
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 jalapeños 1 chopped and 1 sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornmeal, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, cream & egg. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in corn, green onions, chopped jalapeño & cheese. Fill muffin tins and top each muffin with a jalapeño slice.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes back clean.
- Serve warm with a bowl of chili. Eat and enjoy!
Love love love these beauties!
Well I learned from the best, Chili guru, BBQ Master, and Cornbread Baker. Love ya Dad 😀