Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
People who know me well, know that this is my absolute favourite salad in the whole world. As a kid I ate this for a full 2 weeks straight. The key to a great Kale Ceasar salad is the way you prepare the lettuce. It is best to marinate the kale in olive oil and give it a little massage. This makes it not only easier to digest but ensures the dressing will adhere to the kale better and isn’t a tough texture. Do this prior to preparing the dressing and the croutons for maximum flavour. I’m warning you though… you may want to eat it every day too!
Kale Ceasar Salad
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 cups French or Italian bread diced into cubes gluten-free option
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large bunch of kale washed and chopped, oiled and massaged.
- In a food processor, add the white wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper and maple syrup blend well.
- Add in egg yolk, and Worcestershire sauce, blend well.
- Add in olive oil at one time to the bowl and blend. Next add cheese and blend until creamy consistency. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours to solidify.
- Toss the cubed croutons in a frying pan with ¼ cup of unsalted butter, 1 clove of garlic crushed and a couple tsp of olive oil. When all the croutons have been well coated toss over moderate heat and brown.
- Remove from pan and brown in a 350 degree oven for an additional 5 mins.
- Mix kale and 1 tbsp olive oil together and massage until it has a nice sheen to it. It should turn a darker green colour and be soft to the touch.
- Add half of dressing to kale with croutons until thoroughly coated. Eat and Enjoy.