Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I finally decided it is time to get some baking in and make this sweet, light with a hint of fresh lemons delicious moist cake. I am so happy with how it turned out. It is perfectly paired with a great cup of coffee or tea. This is a great dish for breakfast or an afternoon snack. I loved pairing it with fresh blueberries for some added antioxidants. Most ingredients you should have on hand at home so try it for yourself! Happy baking friends.
Lemon Loaf Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other milk alternative
- 3 eggs room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray your 9 x 5 baking loaf pan with coconut oil
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl beat butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes until smooth. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest to batter. The batter will curdle which is normal.
- Add in milk then flour mixture to bowl with beaters or whisk together. Careful not to overmix the batter.
- Add mixture to baking loaf pan. Top with thinly sliced lemons on top.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Place toothpick in middle to make sure the loaf is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!!