Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
This creamy cheesy Parmesan orzo recipe is absolutely delightful! It’s packed with asparagus and chicken and tastes incredible. What’s not to like about that?
You only need one pan to make this dish and it can be ready in only 30 minutes! So if you want to make something that your whole family will love, look no further because I got you covered!
Some of you might not know, but Orzo is actually a pasta! It may look like rice but it cooks a lot quicker. You can always omit the chicken if you want to keep it vegetarian. Do what makes you happy!
Parmesan Orzo with Chicken and Asparagus
- 3 chicken breast boneless and skinless sliced in half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsps olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1 large
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups
- 2 cups half and half cream or coconut cream
- 3 cups
low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated Save some for garnish on top
- 2 tbsps parsley, chopped for garnish
- 2 slices lemons for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder on both sides.
- In a large pan or heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sear the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- In the same pan, add asparagus and saute for about 3 minutes, just until it starts to brown a bit. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add onion, garlic and saute for about 4 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Add the orzo to the pan and saute for 1 minute, to get it a little toasted. Add the cream, chicken broth and stir. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down low, cover with lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Add the asparagus back.
- Slice the chicken into thin slices. You can either add it to top of orzo mixture.
- Garnish with more Parmesan cheese and parsley. Eat and Enjoy!
I tried this with my family and found it to be incredible!
The kids ate it all up and it didn’t take long to cook at all. Thanks for sharing!
I went over this web site and I believe you have a lot of excellent info , bookmarked (:.
Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design. Appreciate it
You have noted very interesting points! ps decent internet site.
Whats Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid other customers like its helped me. Good job.