Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Craving something sweet? I am usually a savoury person myself, but once in awhile I crave something delightfully sweet. These are one of those recipes to satisfy that craving. French toast makes a delicious breakfast, or brunch meal. There are a wide variety of ways to make it but this is my favourite and simple recipe. Its a great start to anyone’s day and can look fancy! You can make it with any type of dense bread. Here I have topped it up with fresh figs and maple syrup. You can also use fresh berries, bacon, or even bananas and whipped cream. So go ahead and indulge your senses, you will be glad you did. Have a great weekend!
French Toast with Fresh Figs
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 4 fresh figs cut into quarters
- 1 cup of fresh berries mix of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a deep wide baking dish, add milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and whisk together.
- Place sliced bread, one at a time until mixture is thoroughly coated over bread and soak through for about 3-4 minutes.
- Melt butter in large pan or skillet. Place bread in pan over medium cook for about 5 mins. Flip and cook remaining side for 5 mins until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, top with fresh figs and or berries. Serve warm with splash of maple syrup and enjoy!