Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Let’s talk about meal prep! I love when people come up to me and ask ‘how do you cook that much food every week?’ Well to be honest, I do a lot of meal prepping. Meal prepping can save you tons of time, and effort! I love making lots of dishes on a Sunday or Monday and storing it up for my week. Some of my favourite things to make are soup and salads! Soup always makes me feel better (especially on snowy/ rainy days) and salads give me the fuel and energy to make it though my day to day.
My healthy, protein packed Quinoa Tabouli is always on rotation. It is packed with parsley, tomatoes, quinoa, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil and feta. Super simple to make and tastes great. Quinoa is also gluten free and can help to aid in digestion. You can always omit the feta if you want to keep this #vegan! Make a big batch and add in separate containers for your week. Viola, lunch is all set saving you time and money!
Quinoa Tabouli Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cup parsley finely chopped, stems removed
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup red onion diced finely
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp salt sea
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- Cook quinoa as per directions on the box. Once cooked remove from heat and cool in fridge.
- Remove stems from parsley and finely chop. It will shrink half in size. Place in medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes and onions and add to bowl.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to mixture. Add in cooled quinoa. You do not want the quinoa to be hot, as it will make your salad mushy.
- Taste salad. Add in salt, pepper, olive oil or lemon juice to your desire. I always add extra lemon!
- Top with fresh feta cheese and enjoy.