Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Fall is in the air. I can feel my body begging me to release and detox from the summer. Melt away the stressors it was presented with. Autumn is the perfect time to reset.
One way I start feeling good in my body again, is when I nourish it with healthy whole foods, drink lots of water, and come back home to myself. The easiest way to do this is by making a big batch of soup for the soul. 🍠
My Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup is so creamy, with vibrant aromatic spices, and completely vegan. I find soups are a great way to fill you up with lots of vegetables. I love roasting my cauliflower for this recipe as it adds a depth of flavour, with a silky texture. It contains other incredible ingredients:
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Ginger helps with digestive issues, indigestion and nausea.
I added crispy chickpeas and more roasted cauliflower too added texture. Serve with toasted naan bread for dipping!All of these can help reset your body especially if you are feeling “off track”. Especially with the weather changing, we need to keep our immune systems at the top of their game.
Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 small head cauliflower chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled & chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped (or use celery pulp)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 15 ounce coconut milk can unsweetened
- 1/3 cup crispy chickpeas
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, parsley, oregano, or chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped cauliflower, turmeric, cinnamon, garlic powder, curry, and olive oil. Mix throughly. Place cauliflower on baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until softened about 3-5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and vegetable stock to the pot. Bring to a boil. Add the roasted cauliflower and cook for another 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add in whole can of coconut milk. Remove from heat and place in blender or use immersion blender.
- Serve with toasted naan bread, crispy chickpeas, fresh oregano or parsley.