Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
My secret ingredient for my savory, velvety smooth Roasted Red Pepper Rigatoni is hummus! I use @mezete_global! 🍝 the delicious gourmet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus! What I love most about @mezete_global Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is it makes for such a creamy dish! #thehummiest. It is made with all-natural tahini and chickpeas, with no additives or preservatives. Now that is something I can be happy about! Shop MèzeteTM Gourmet Hummus Variety Pack in select Costcos in Quebec and Ontario! This recipe is also #vegan!
There are so many different types of hummus out there but what I love about this one it that they use super clean ingredients with no additives or preservatives and all natural tahini and chickpeas. I’ve always said it’s important to know what we put into our bodies and how those ingredients make us feel.
The cleaner the better for digestion and energy.
Roasted Red Pepper Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 package of @mezete_global Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 tbsp garlic and chili olive oil or use regular olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers drained and diced (approx 2 cups)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups rigatoni noodles
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Garnish optional: fresh vegan Parmesan cheese and more basil
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add in the Rigatoni pasta of choice and cook to package instructions. Set aside.
- As the pasta is cooking, sauté olive oil over medium heat until golden brown in a large skillet. Add in minced garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in chopped roasted red peppers, and tomato sauce. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and place mixture in a food processor or blender. Add in almond milk and nutritional yeast. (This will make it “cheesy.” Purée together.
- Once it begins to have a smooth consistency, add it back to the skillet. Add in @meteze_global Red Pepper Hummus and simmer on medium-low heat to thicken the sauce.
- Add cooked noodles to pasta sauce and mix thoroughly. Add in lots of fresh basil, red pepper flakes & Parmesan cheese. Eat and enjoy!