Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I don’t know if two things could go better together but all hail the Warm Spicy Cheese & Beer Dip. I prefer to use dark stout beers as these have the most flavours. (And actually have the least amount of calories!) This is a delicious dip to accompany any party. It can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge the day before serving. It can be made in no time and is great for dipping with vegetables or pretzels. Perfect for a Superbowl game or any great party.
Warm Spicy Cheese & Beer Dip
- ½ cup dark stout beer but any beer will do
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper or Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and diced (Use 1/2 less if too spicy)
- Garnish: chopped chives or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan combine beer, cheeses, chili powder, cayenne pepper and garlic powder and keep stirring on medium heat until all cheese are smooth. Usually 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in diced jalapenos and cook for another 4 minutes. Keep stirring as to not burn the cheese.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving dish.
- Place in oven for 10 mins to heat through.
- Remove from oven. Add diced up chives, or parsley for garnish.
- Serve warm with chopped up vegetables, crackers or pretzels!