Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
I learned this recipe from my dear girlfriend Kristene. This is such a great appetizer that takes no time at all to make. It is a fun snack to to eat and packed with protein and can be made in under 10 minutes! For those of you that have never had edamame, it is the seeds inside that you just pop into your mouth after enjoying the yummy sauce. You then discard the pods in another bowl after eating. Trust me, they are highly addictive and cant help but eat one after another.
Spicy Garlic Edamame
- 2 cups Edamame frozen
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil stir fry oil
- 2 tsp gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds optional
- In a small pan add the stir fry oil and garlic on low-medium heat. Saute for several minutes, careful not to burn. Remove from heat.
- Steam edamame in a microwave or over stove. Set aside. Edamame will be hot.
- In a medium bowl mix together tamari, chili garlic sauce, mayonnaise, and sautéed garlic.
- Add the edamame to the garlic sauce until fully coated. Top with sea salt and sesame seeds to your liking. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment