Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Spring is around the corner and I could not be happier to make it through another winter. Fresh produce will be flowing into our gardens so soon. I really love having fresh herbs in my garden. There is something so pleasant and rewarding about using your own herbs and vegetables in your dishes.
My Spring Pea and Mint Soup is incredibly fresh and really hit’s the spot. You cannot help but feel so good with its bright warm green colour. This soup is incredibly velvety, and you would not believe that it does not contain cream. You can also eat this either warm or cold. Top with crème fresh, (If vegan use coconut cream) chives, roasted peas, mint, and a sprinkle of red chili flakes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Spring Pea and Mint Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups fresh peas removed from shells- can also use frozen if you have
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2/3 cups fresh mint chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes more if you like to add a little kick!
- Juice of half lemon
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Finely chop up onions, garlic and add to pot. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes, over medium low heat, stirring occasionally as not to burn and onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in vegetable stock and potatoes. Stir and bring pot to a boil until potatoes are soft.
- Add in peas, spinach, and mint. (Save some mint for the toppings) Add in your seasonings including salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
- Reduce the heat, simmer for about 10 minutes without the lid. Add in mint and juice of half a lemon.
- Remove from heat and put in blender. Be careful as it will be hot. (Hand blender will do as well for this as well.) Blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- Serve in bowls, top with crème fraiche or sour cream, (Option to use coconut cream instead) toasted peas and red pepper flakes.
- If serving cold. Place in fridge to cool and serve later. Bon appetite!