Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Life really should be more like peaches and cream. In other words they are a beautiful marriage of ingredients that taste too good to be true. My easy Summer Peach Crisp is filled with fresh, juicy peaches and a yummy crisp topping. Just don’t forget the ice-cream! This recipe is so versatile you can even substitute for other fruits depending on what is in season. You can use canned fruits if you do not have access to fresh ones. I often eat the crispy topping before it even makes it on the peach filling. This is the ultimate summer dessert. Enjoy!
Summer Peach Crisp
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup quick rolled oats gluten free
- ¼ cup sliced almond roughly chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold cut into cubes
For the Filling:
- 6-7 sliced medium ripe peaches Approx. 5 cups. You can substitute with other fruits as well such as strawberries, cherries, apples etc.
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar granulated sugar works too
- 1 ½ tsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl add sliced peaches. Add in coconut sugar and flour, mix together. Let sit on the counter for 20 minutes. So the juices come out in the peaches.
- In a separate bowl, add in arrowroot powder, vanilla and lemon juice mix together.
- Set aside peaches in a 9” baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the topping. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, quick rolled oats, sliced almonds, brown sugar. Mix butter in last with a fork.
- Add topping crumble on top of peaches and put into the oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the topping is lightly golden brown. Careful not to burn.
- Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve into bowls with a scoop of your favourite vanilla ice-cream on top and enjoy!