Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
This soup is just bursting with amazing flavours! This is traditionally called tom kha which is a classic Thai dish. It’s perfect for this time of the year and can make you feel good from the inside out. It’s super cozy with warm, sweet-spicy flavours, so you can curl up and stay feeling great all winter long. You can make this vegan and plant based, if you want and just omit the fish sauce. This recipe is gluten free, grain free and paleo friendly. This recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and great for any day of the week. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Thai Coconut Soup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 2 inch piece of ginger peeled and cut into thin slices
- 3 stalks lemongrass ends trimmed, outer layer peeled
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh shitake mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 block of firm tofu cut into small cubes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 limes juiced and zested
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp red chili oil for tasting
- Optional: serve with fresh rice & fresh lime wedges
- Heat the sesame oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. Sauté for 3-5 minutes don’t let the garlic burn.
- Add in tomato paste. Sauté red peppers and mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and chicken broth. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Add in garlic chili sauce.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and zest, and salt.
- Stir in the cilantro. Pull out the lemongrass chunks.
- Serve with rice and lots more cilantro. Add dash of chili oil on top.
I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this site is very instructive! Keep posting.
I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a wonderful informative website.
Very nice style and design and superb articles, absolutely nothing else we need : D.
Fantastic site. Plenty of helpful information here. I’m sending it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your effort!
It is in reality a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for all your hard work on this web site. My aunt delights in working on internet research and it’s really easy to see why. My spouse and i notice all about the compelling mode you make practical ideas through your website and in addition improve participation from people about this matter so our favorite daughter is in fact understanding so much. Take pleasure in the rest of the new year. You are always carrying out a really good job.
I think that is one of the most significant information for me.
And i am satisfied reading your recipes. cheers,