Whether you have a large dinner party or running solo this Thanksgiving, this is a tasty dinner recipe that will sure satisfy any hunger! This simple turkey and veggie stuffed acorns tastes as good as it looks. Healthy and delicious, gluten free, grain free, and is a perfect dish this holiday or any night for dinner.
Stuffed with turkey, carrots, onions, peppers, zucchini, spinach and finally topped off with Parmesan cheese and roasted squash seeds.
Hope you have a great thanksgiving holiday and enjoy!
3 small acorn squash
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 medium onion diced
2 medium carrots diced
1 medium pepper diced
½ zucchini diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of spinach, washed & de-stemmed
1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the tops of acorns. Remove all seeds. Wash and dry seeds. Place on baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Place acorns on baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, brown ground turkey. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove turkey from pan and remove any fat drippings. Add onions, carrots and garlic in pan, until translucent. Add in peppers and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add in one cup of tomato sauce, thyme, and salt for tasting. Add in spinach. Cook until slightly wilted. Place ground turkey back in pan and mix thoroughly together.
- Divide mixture into cooked acorns, pat down. Add parmesan cheese to top.
- Place stuffed acorns in oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place acorn tops on side of bottom acorn cavity. Top with roasted squash seeds. Enjoy!