Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Whether you have a large dinner party or running solo this Thanksgiving, this is a tasty dinner recipe that will sure satisfy any hunger! This simple turkey and veggie stuffed acorns tastes as good as it looks. Healthy and delicious, gluten free, grain free, and is a perfect dish this holiday or any night for dinner.
Stuffed with turkey, carrots, onions, peppers, zucchini, spinach and finally topped off with Parmesan cheese and roasted squash seeds.
Hope you have a great thanksgiving holiday and enjoy!
Turkey and Veggie Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 3 small acorn squash
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- ½ small zucchini diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups spinach washed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the tops of acorns. Remove all seeds. Wash and dry seeds.
- Place on baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place acorns on baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, add olive oil, ground turkey, salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- Remove turkey from pan and set aside. Add onions, carrots and garlic in pan, cooking for 5 more minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in peppers and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add in tomato sauce, thyme. Add in spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted. Place ground turkey back in pan and mix thoroughly together.
- Divide mixture into cooked acorns, pat down. Add parmesan cheese to top.
- Place stuffed acorns in oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place acorn tops on side of bottom acorn cavity.
- Top with roasted squash seeds. Enjoy!