Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
The winter seems to linger longer than it should. When I am feeling cold and run down I love making this soup. It reminds me of a fresh summer day with all the beautiful vibrant colours of the vegetables. I may not be able to bring you sunshine; but I can make you feel all warm and cozy with my easy Vegetable Minestrone Soup. There are many versions of this soup originating from Italy. I like to load mine up with tons of vegetables, Arborio rice and beans for extra protein. Anytime I feel depleted, I fill up on this medicine and it does the healing for me.
Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 can pinto beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 small tomatoes diced
- 1 ½ tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ small cabbage shredded
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- ½ cup Arborio rice
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and cook onions, garlic until they softened.
- Add in carrots, celery, beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes, vegetable broth, bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer. Keep covered for 20 minutes.
- Add in zucchini, cabbage, rice and simmer uncovered for about 15-18 minutes. Make sure rice is cooked through. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve into bowls and enjoy!