Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
How many vegetables can you fit in one loaf?! Well check out my Zucchini Carrot Apple Bread. This gorgeous beauty is packed with carrots, zucchini’s and applesauce. Your friends and kids will never know how healthy it really is. It is incredibly moist and flavourful. Topped with walnuts and hemp hearts for added protein and omega’s. Hemp hearts have a nice mild nutty flavour to them. They are rich in both two essential fatty acids, omega-6 and omega-3. It is so easy to make and the bread is irresistible.
Zucchini Carrot Apple Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 cups coconut palm sugar regular sugar will do
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease two 8 x 4 inch bread molds.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, soda, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla, together in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until all combined.
- Grate the carrots and zucchini. (You can use a food processor) Pour batter into two prepared pans. Sprinkle chopped walnuts and hemp hearts on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan. Let cool another 5 minutes. Cut into slices. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.