Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Mother’s Day is this weekend and what better way to spoil your “Mom” than this gorgeous Grilled Halloumi & Peach Salad. This salad is incredibly fresh, easy to make and has the perfect combination of sweet from the peaches and salty from the halloumi cheese.
Halloumi cheese is a semi-hard, un-ripened, brined cheese that can be made from cow, sheep or goat’s milk. It is quite salty in taste. It can be eaten raw but tastes great when grilled or fried.
This is the ultimate summer salad! The lemon vinaigrette is super light and refreshing. Tossed with pecans, and fennel for added crunch. So whether you are celebrating your mother, wife, mother in law, fur baby mama this weekend and want a light and fulfilling lunch, this dish is for you!
Grilled Halloumi and Peach Salad
- 5 cups mixed green salad arugula, spinach, green leaf
- 4 small peaches cut into small slices
- 1/2 cup fennel sliced thinly
- 1/2 pecans roasted works best
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1 cup halloumi cheese cut into slices 1-2cm thick
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp seedy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- On a cast iron pan over medium heat, add 2 tsp olive oil and halloumi slices. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until golden in colour.
- In a large bowl, add all your salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl combine your salad dressing ingredients.
- Place cooked halloumi over salad and dress with the vinaigrette. Viola!
#halloumi #summersalads #healthysalad #peaches