Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Happy CINCO DE MAYO!!
I mean a day to celebrate tacos is always a great day in my books. Cinco de Mayo is actually seen as a day to celebrate the culture, achievements, and experiences of Mexican heritage. On the day I couldn’t help but make these delicious Savoury Baked Chicken Tostada’s! Normally tostada’s are fried but I’ve keep these healthy by baking the cups and using BBQ chicken or rotisserie chicken works well too.
This is such a quick and easy dish to make and your kids will love this fun take on taco’s! You can add all your favourite toppings and kids love to make their own creations. You never know what they come up with.
Savoury Baked Chicken Tostada’s
- 10 corn tortillas cut in half, you can use flour tortilla's too
- 1 tsp cooking spray olive oil
- 2 cups barbeque rotisserie chicken diced
- 1 cup hot salsa mild for kids
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
Add your favourite toppings
- pickled onions
- hot sauce
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half and place into muffins cups alternating each other. Leave pointed tips at top of cups.
- Mix diced chicken and salsa in a separate bowl.
- Layer each cup with chicken mixture and top with shredded cheese. Spray tortillas with additional cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 mins until crispy. Add your toppings and enjoy!