Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Aloha! Meet my Grilled Pineapple & Chicken Kabobs.
As the lockdown orders ease up, I find myself day dreaming about all the beautiful places I want to travel to and all the local foods I can eat! Until then I will keep making yummy recipes like this one! This recipe is gluten free and dairy free. You can even omit the chicken if you want to keep it vegetarian!
These Grilled Pineapple & Chicken kabobs are bursting with bold flavours. The sweet and savoury teriyaki sauce mixed with fresh peppers, pineapple, red onions and tender chicken totally hit the spot! I love making my own teriyaki sauce as most contain gluten. Tamari is gluten free and always my go to. I am obsessed with grilled pineapple. It is one of my favourite things to eat in the summer months. These kebabs taste like dinner and a sweet dessert!
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 4 chicken breasts Boneless, cut into cubes
- 1 medium red onion cut into cubes
- 3 cups pineapple cut into cubes
- 2 bell peppers red, yellow, orange or green cut into cubes
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup date sugar or other brown sugar, coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- green onions finely chopped
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together tamari, date sugar, pineapple juice, garlic, salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch. Add to pot and bring the heat up to high. Whisk together until the mixture starts to thicken about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Save 2 tbsp. of marinade to drizzle at the end.
- Cut up all red onions, bell peppers, pineapple and chicken. Pour the marinade over the chicken and leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Add all of your chicken, vegetables and pineapple on to a skewer.
- Place kabobs on medium/ high heat on a BBQ. Grill for 10-12 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Remove from the grill and drizzle remaining sauce on top of the kebabs. Top with fresh parsley, green onions. Eat and Enjoy!