Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
These soft chewy delights are perfect for breakfast, or if you want a great quick snack! Plus, they taste so GOOD! They are so easy to make. You will never want to buy a store bought bagel ever again! No boiling necessary. I am obsessed with the taste of these fresh bagels. Especially, everything but the bagel seasoning. I could put that stuff on anything! Best part, you can add whatever toppings your heart desires.
Personally, my favourite toppings include avocado, whipped dill cream cheese, and cucumbers.
Healthy Baked Bagels
- 2 cups flour whole wheat
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup superseeds which include flax chia and hemp
- 1 egg beaten – for topping
- 3 tbsp Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, yogurt, baking powder, salt and superseeds
- Lightly dust surface with flour. Transfer dough to flat surface and knead approx.. 20 times until it is no longer sticky. Divide in 8 portions
- Roll into balls and press your finger through the middle to make a hole.
- Place bagels onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush top of bagels with beaten egg. Sprinkle everything but the bagel seasoning on top. Option to sprinkle tiny flake salt on top.
- Bake in over for approx. 25 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes before eating. Add your favourite toppings and Enjoy!