Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Are you a fan of Chicken Tenders? I know we are at our home. These savoury, finger licking good, Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders totally hit the spot! I love to eat a platter of finger foods with lots of dipping. It makes it fun for everyone and helps keep it a casual fun evening. You can make this recipe in under 35 minutes so you can focus on the important stuff, like spending quality time with your family.
Want to know the secret? The trick is to use @floatingleaffoods Pancake & Waffle mix in place of flour. It is completely gluten free and adds the perfect crunch and unbelievable flavour. This recipe is so easy to make and I promise your kids (big and little) will keep coming back for more!
You can make these with both chicken breasts or chicken thighs. You can totally customize your seasoning in the breading mix. I would recommend removing the hot spices for the kiddies.
I have paired it with my honey Dijon dipping sauce and chipotle aioli. I want to use this dipping sauce on everything. Instead of frying these, we are baking them in the oven with minimal fat. This also keeps the tenders nice and juicy.
By using parchment paper it helps to get the delicious crispy coasting without sticking to your pan. Also doubles as easy cleanup after you are done.
Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 cup @FloatingLeafFoods Pancake and Waffle Mix or all purpose flour (gluten free) **
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne optional
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 eggs whisked
- 4 chicken breasts cut into thin strips (approx. 5 tenders per chicken breast)
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a plastic Ziploc bag, add the @floatingleadfoods Pancake & Waffle mix, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes,(optional) and parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Cut chicken breast into 1 1/2 " thick strips.
- Place your eggs in a shallow bowl or dish and whisk. Dip your chicken tenders in the egg, then into the dry ingredients in the bag. Add in 5 tenders at a time. Shake the bag well so that is it completely covered.
- Option to place back in egg mixture and back in bag for second coat to make chicken tenders extra crispy.
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. spread out your chicken tenders.
- Spray the tops of the chicken strips with the vegetable oil cooking spray just before placing the pan in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven and add your melted butter on top off chicken tenders. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce. Eat and enjoy!