Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Rock the Boat with my Spicy Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats!
I love zucchini’s. They are such a versatile ingredient and a great alternative to pasta or other carbs.This recipe is a great #superbowleats meal and can be made in no time at all. They are creamy, filled with bold hot spices and perfect for the big game on Sunday! I really like making these as they are gluten free, and extremely filling. They are low in calories so you can enjoy dessert without feeling guilty.
If you have leftover rotisserie chicken, this is a great recipe to use up all your leftovers. I am sure your whole family will love this recipe as much as we do!
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 4 zucchini’s sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3-4 Tbsp of hot sauce I love using @frankshotsauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini’s lengthwise. Use a spoon to hollow out the middle, leaving the sides in tact. Place zucchini’s on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, green onions, hot sauce, Greek yogurt. Add the rotisserie chicken and salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- Stuff the boats with the mixture so each zucchini is filled.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese. Bake in oven again for 5-10 minutes until it is cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, garnish with green onions, parsley and a drizzle of Greek yogurt or sour cream. You can even add more hot sauce depending on how spicy you like it! Eat and enjoy!