Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Are you looking for a super refreshing, crunchy and delicious salad? I know in the summer months this is exactly what I am craving to cool off. This is simple, fresh and easy to make.
Why not try this Spicy Cucumber Salad! This is a Korean side dish that is an incredible balance of sweet, spicy and a little tangy. I am currently addicted to how flavourful and tasty it is. Not to mention it can be made an under 10 minutes. Yay!
You can make this using an English cucumber as well as Persian cucumbers. Whatever you have on hand is fine. (I try to use local ingredients whenever possible. This salad is also super low in calories and packed with lots of water to help keep you feeling full. I know you are going to love this recipe. I will not be surprised if this goes on rotation for your weekly meals.
Spicy Cucumber Salad
- 1 large English cucumber halved and cut in slices
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced thinly
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp date sugar or regular sugar
- 2 tsp Gochugaru Korean red chili flakes
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (black and white
- 1 tbsp green onions thinly sliced
- Cut the cucumbers and green onion and place in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dressing all together.
- Place the sauce over the cucumbers and mix well together. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and extra red pepper flakes. 🌶