Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Staying on the green train recently because veggies just make me feel so great. There is nothing I love better than broccoli and cheese. It takes me right back to my childhood, as this was the only way mom could get us kids to eat our greens. I think she was right! I wanted to share these easy and delicious Broccoli Fritters. They are packed with yummy, cheesy, garlic flavour and are gluten free! They are perfect for breakfast or even a great snack.
- 1 medium head of broccoli steamed, then mashed
- 2-3 eggs depending on how much broccoli you have
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes you can add more if you like it extra spicy!
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp gluten free flour all purpose, almon or coconut flour works too
- 1 tbsp olive oil or oil of choice- coconut, grapeseed
- Mix all ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl.
- Place a large pan over the stovetop on medium/high heat, add in olive oil.
- Take one large spoonful of mixture in hot pan and flatten with a flipper or spatula.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Flip over and cook on other side for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, top with more red pepper flakes and sea salt. Serve with some chipotle aioli.