Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Looking for a dish to make you feel all warm and cozy at home? Well you need to try my Thai Chicken Meatballs in a Creamy Peanut Sauce! This dish is just bursting with exotic flavours! Who said meatballs are just for pasta?
What I love about this dish is that is the combination of the sweet peanut sauce with the spicy chili. It will have you singing to you dinner in no time. By using chicken you are reducing the amount of fat in the dish but it sure doesn’t compromise the flavour! It is always a huge hit at home , so I make a huge batch, perfect for leftovers. I know you guys have been asking for the recipe for awhile so here it is. Happy weekend friends!
Thai Chicken Meatballs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- I pound ground chicken
- ½ cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeno chopped finely seeds removed
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp chopped green onions or chives
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped finely I use my microplane for the ginger & the garlic
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 red pepper sliced thinly
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Garnish Optional: Crushed peanuts or fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp red chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce will do
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 can coconut milk
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, jalapeno, green onions, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Sauce salt & pepper. Incorporate well and shape meatballs into golf size balls.
- In a large non stick pan, over medium heat add the peanut oil and the meatballs. Sear your meatballs until they are lightly browned on all sides. Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a Large skillet over low heat add peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, tamari, honey and coconut milk. Mix until well blended and simmer on low. Add in red peppers and place the meatballs back in. Place lid on top and simmer for approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Add in frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from stovetop, garnish with crushed peanuts and or fresh parsley and serve with rice or quinoa. ENJOY!