Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Easter is here, and that usually means sugary candy and chocolate. Not this year! I have a nutritious sweet treat that doesn’t disappoint. May I present my Carrot Apple Muffins. They are full of fiber and have a nice sweetness naturally, perfect for breakfast or a snack. They contain carrots which are loaded with beta carotene and in turn is converted into Vitamin A that helps maintain healthy glowy skin. So eat up and feel good this spring!
Carrot Apple Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or other natural sugar alternative
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup apple peeled and grated
- ½ cup thinly sliced apple for toppings
- ½ cup chopped walnuts for toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg together in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil in another bowl. Pour liquid into flour bowl and mix together. Do not overmix.
- Fold in apples, carrots and walnuts gently.
- Spoon batter into muffin paper cups to about 2/3 full. Add thinly sliced apples on top for presentation.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Dip a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before eating. Serve warm or cool.