Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Are you bored of Turkey sandwiches yet? This is an incredible recipe that is packed with protein, is healthy and really filling. I love making this recipe when I don’t have alot of time to prepare or just exhausted after a long day at work. It comes together in under 30 minutes. Plus these delicious wraps are paleo and packed with veggies so you don’t have to worry about the bloat that comes after eating carbs! They are also perfect for leftovers the next day or to meal prep for your week. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head Boston or romaine lettuce washed and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey option to use ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped finely
- 1 small zucchini chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger peeled and chopped finely
- 1 red/ orange bell pepper chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds for added crunch
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds sliced almonds work well too
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat and add in ground turkey. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Cook until turkey is browned and cooked through usually about 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and drain any excess fat. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, ginger for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cooked turkey and combine until vegetables are thoroughly coated.
- Mix in sunflowers seeds gently. Place in serving bowl.
- Add green onions on top. Serve with lettuce on side. Spoon turkey mixture on lettuce leaf and enjoy!