Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
The perfect breakfast does exist. My Easy Frittata is packed with unbelievable bold flavours and it tastes amazing. It is also packed with vegetables and eggs and is gluten free. It is a protein packed dish that your whole family will love. What is a frittata you may ask? Well some people call it a crust less quiche. It is perfect for anyone that likes to keep their meals gluten free and less bread & carbs.
This is a fail proof recipe! You can literally customize your frittata to whatever ingredients you have in stock. I love using leftovers from my week. The best news you can make it all in only one pan. (Cast Iron pans work best for heating on stovetop and oven. It you do not have one yet, I would highly recommend you add this This recipe serves approx 4-6 people. You can add whatever protein, vegetables and cheese that you like. Here is an easy standard frittata I just LOVE to make for my family.
Lazy Breakfast Frittata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers 1 whole pepper
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 2 green onions diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup goat cheese o
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes for heat
You can add pre cooked potatoes, ham, spinach, mushrooms whatever makes your heart full!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil to a cast iron pan. Add in bacon, onions, garlic. Cook until translucent.
- Add in vegetables, bell peppers, jalapeño & broccoli approx 5-6 mins. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper chili flakes.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Pour egg mixture over top. Add goat cheese in big dollops and fresh green onions.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Broil on low for 1-2 minutes at end for extra crisp. Serve with your favourite hot sauce and toast! Enjoy.
- You can add pre cooked potatoes, ham, spinach, mushrooms whatever makes your heart full!
Happy Family Day!!
Leave a Comment