Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies… did someone say Cookie?! (insert Cookie Monster voice.) Nomnomnom. These delicious oatmeal cookies are chewy, delicious, gluten free, refined sugar free and completely hit the spot with just the right amount of chocolate.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats gluten free
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour gluten free
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil.
- In one bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Let cool. In a separate bowl stir in the vanilla, then the egg. Mix in maple syrup and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until it has just come together. Do not overmix.
- Freeze dough for about 15 minutes.
- Use your hands to shape the dough into roughly 12 cookies. (Usually makes more but let’s be honest the dough is too tasty not to eat!)
- Place spoonful on baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 14-15 minutes, or until they have just started to brown on the edges.
- Let cool on the pan for a few mins before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serve with your favourite cup of coffee or tea. Enjoy!