Are you feeling run down and depleted?
I know the feeling and one way that I can always cheer myself up is making homemade soup! It keeps me healthy and happy. I like to call this my Sunshine Soup. Ok it’s really Carrot, Apple and Ginger Soup and it so yummy and completely #Vegan. But you can’t help but feel good after you try a bite.
This vibrant, velvety soup is definitely a keeper and most people already have the ingredients on hand at home. All the ingredients are known to have uplifting properties that will make you feel good from the inside out. The spices of nutmeg and thyme are a perfect match with the carrots, apple and ginger. Bring on all the ginger!
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion diced
5 cloves of garlic
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1-2 inch cube ginger (depending on how much ginger you like!)
1 yukon potato, peeled and chopped
2 gala apples, peeled and chopped
2 tsp chopped dried thyme
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt and Pepper
- In a large pot at medium heat, add in diced onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, careful not to burn.
- Add in peeled ginger chopped, apples, potato and thyme, keep stiring.
- Add in vegetable stock and coconut cream to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil then simmer until all ingredients are cooked. (approx 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and and put all in a blender in 2 parts. Blend until smooth and velvety. Be careful not to overfill the blender as it will be hot.
- Add in nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Makes 7 cups of soup