Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Are you feeling run down and depleted? I know the feeling firsthand. One way that I can always cheer myself up is by making homemade soup. I like to call this my Sunshine Soup. Ok there is no sunshine in it but its so bright and vibrant and can really make you feel good. It is made with carrots, apples, and ginger. To me when I eat soup, it feels like a big hug warming me up. This soup is completely vegan and is good if you are trying to avoid bad foods. I bet you will feel just as good after you try a bit.
This vibrant, velvety soup is a keeper and most people already have the ingredients on hand at home. All the ingredients are known to have uplifting properties that will make you feel good from the inside out. The spices of nutmeg and thyme are a perfect match with the carrots, apple, and ginger. I am obsessed with ginger so put as little or as much as you want.
Sunshine Soup (Carrot Apple Ginger)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1-2 inch cube ginger finely chopped (depending on how much ginger you like!)
- 1 yukon potato peeled and chopped
- 2 gala apples peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp chopped dried thyme
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- Carrot Apple Ginger Soup
- In a large pot at medium heat, add olive oil, diced onions, and garlic for about 5 minutes until translucent. Careful not to burn.
- Add in ginger, apples, potato, and thyme. Mix everything well together.
- Add in vegetable stock and coconut cream to cover all vegetables by 1 inch.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil then simmer until all ingredients are cooked. This will take you approximately 10-15 minutes)
- Remove from heat and put all in a blender in 2 parts. Blend until smooth and velvety. Be careful not to overfill the blender as it will be hot.
- Add in nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste. Enjoy!