Hi, I'm Rachelle
The Vivacious Gourmet
I cook delicious healthy recipes that are simple to make, with wholesome fresh ingredients.
follow me on social
Taste the rainbow! Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad like you’ve never had before. This fresh recipe is completely gluten free and all the vegetables are raw. Making it an absolutely nutritious and delicious salad. Not to mention the most beautiful colours! I replaced the chow mein noodles with unsalted chopped peanuts. They are alot healthier than what most restaurants offer. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can try to cut all vegetables julienned, or into long thin strips. I like using chicken thighs for this recipe as they hold the most flavour in the marinade and they are very inexpensive to buy!
Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 2 tbsp tamari gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1 medium carrot spiralized (or shredded)
- 1 medium beet spiralized
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 medium orange pepper julienned
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp green onions chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro finely diced
- Mix all top 5 ingredients together and let chicken marinate in fridge for 30-60 mins.
- Sear chicken in a pan with the marinade and cook 5 minutes per side until cooked throughout.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dressing.
- In a large bowl, start adding in lettuce, beets, carrots, zucchini, peppers, green onions all together. Add in chicken to bowl.
- Toss in salad dressing and garnish with peanuts and fresh cilantro. Viola!
Merely a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great layout.
Its superb as your other articles : D, appreciate it for posting.
Hello! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.
Hi! I’ve been following your site for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!
whoah this blog is magnificent i really like reading your articles. Stay up the good work! You understand, many people are hunting round for this info, you could aid them greatly.
Awsome website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also.